Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for The FW96660A.bin stock firmware file for a Ele Cam Explorer Elite.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for The FW96660A.bin stock firmware file for a Ele Cam Explorer Elite.

Hello, I was hoping to find the stock firmware for the ele-cam explorer elite. I mistakenly uploaded the firmware from the explorer pro. (same file name) now the cam is somewhat bricked. although it does respond to some of the other similar camera .bin files...hope you can help. or maybe get in to reverse engineer it....I'm waiting for the elecam folks to get back to me.. they have not responded yet...thanks mike

Originally posted by sailormike View Post
    now the cam is somewhat bricked. although it does respond to some of the other similar camera .bin files.
    Hi Mike! What do you mean by saying "it does respond to .bin files"? Does it try to flash them with no luck?
    Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site.

Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

Comment

It seems to try to load but gets stuck.. one file i tried did load and recorded some video files ... but no other controls worked like wifi or lcd screen.

Comment

Which one worked?

Comment

Nutsey,, Thanks for the interest, Finally I did more searching and came up with looking for similar cameras, with the NT96660 and Sony IM078, and whatever other features that might match, like the 2 in LCD screen.
          My search came up with the SJ8000 that led to the SJ9000 a oem type camera. Looks just like the ele-cam explorer elite per the specs. Found a link with the firmware,, http://crazytom.com/a/SJ9000/Extral-...m-Firmware.php ,,,downloaded it , Copied to the SD card and powered it up.. The Camera loaded the firmware just fine and is now working, ala SJ9000 / Elephone mutant...haha.
          So check out the link for the FW download and video on how to install it...I'm most likely not the last one that will be looking for it. Now maybe hack the file to customize it further...Mike

Comment

Thanx for the tip. Seems like SJ8000 cam firmware should also work with Elephone Explorer Elite.

Did you know your cam has 2 hidden working LEDs under the front panel (covered with black adhesive tape)?

Comment

• AussieKev
              AussieKev commented
              Editing a comment
              Elephone have actually pulled them off the circuit board. Can see they were there originally. Rough job too. They could have left them and simply disabled them in f/w.

I believe the sj5000 was the firmware that almost worked when i was trying different firmwares to get it working again. what i found was that it looked like it was loading and found that it had taken some video and photos, stored them on the sd card. that helped me keep trying to find the right one. Still working, and still no answers from elecam. I will post my solution on their site for the other users that bricked their camera.

Really, two working led's under tape...wonder what their purpose was / is ?

Comment

Originally posted by sailormike View Post
              I believe the sj5000 was the firmware that almost worked when i was trying different firmwares to get it working again. what i found was that it looked like it was loading and found that it had taken some video and photos, stored them on the sd card. that helped me keep trying to find the right one. Still working, and still no answers from elecam. I will post my solution on their site for the other users that bricked their camera.

Really, two working led's under tape...wonder what their purpose was / is ?
              Haha we meet again EleCam forum. Elephone are not very helpful with upgrades.

Have seen the LED's working on the SJCAM SJ5000X Elite shows when filming etc. Same Image sensor IMX078 CQK and NT96660 chipset (SJCAM say Gyro Stabilization sensor chip has been added to the SJ5000x. Is it same forEleCam Elite?) Maybe just take the tape off? You first !

Comment

Does anyone know where Elephone have the firmware files for EleCam Exporer Elite? Either original .bin file or any updated Explorer Elite firmware. So many options are poorly implemented or non existent.
                Simple example 'Date Stamp' is ON or OFF. Even the much older 720p cams had a selection for either Date only or both Date and Time displayed. Lic Plate Number cannot be seen as it will not function without Date Stamp 'ON' ... blocks it out except then 1st character, useless.
                Top LED (yellow) rarely functions, no use for filming status at all. Jeez it flashes twice when saving Options! WOW. I now believe the Elite is a lemon compared to every other NT96660/IMX078 cam out there... branded or unbranded.
                Last edited by AussieKev; 10-11-2016, 04:23 AM.

Comment

Updated firmware for Elite:
                  Obviously change Filename to before installing - FW96660A.bin

Elite0810-FW96660A.bin - https://mega.nz/#!s9RB3bhB!oRO3uvcvv...H9updZta1WJOdc

Comment

Please give a look ... https://www.goprawn.com/forum/action...about-firmware

Thanks to nutsey

Comment

Originally posted by AussieKev View Post
                      Updated firmware for Elite:
                      Obviously change Filename to before installing - FW96660A.bin

Elite0810-FW96660A.bin - https://mega.nz/#!s9RB3bhB!oRO3uvcvv...H9updZta1WJOdc
                      Err... is this a legit update for the Elite, the original firmware, or the one mentioned in the other thread which bricks the Elite?

I am another victim of the Elite, trying to make some use of it ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by fiatlux View Post

Err... is this a legit update for the Elite, the original firmware, or the one mentioned in the other thread which bricks the Elite?

I am another victim of the Elite, trying to make some use of it ;-)
                        Yes it is from Elephone originally and an early f/w file 20160810v1.0 (10thAugust 2016) for July release of Elite only..

Has been confirmed to "unbrick" many Explorer Elite cams by users trying to update to much newer 20161223v1.0 (23rd December 2016) meant for newer 20161118V1.0 Elite. They are not compatible.
                        Last edited by AussieKev; 02-14-2017, 09:29 AM. Reason: Two versions of Elite

Comment

Hi, I'm experiencing problems with my elephone elecam explorer elite which i received last night where i tried to update the firmware since the wifi functionality was not working, but in the process i did not follow the instructions properly and now the action camera won't turn on, but when plugged in there is a red light i presume indicating charging but when i try to turn it on or do a long power on nothing happens, this has made me really worried as i dont know what is the problem or how to fix it, any help would be appreciated. No lights flash when attempting to turn on, and when connected to a pc nothing happens apart from the red light coming on.

// FIXED //

For those that experience a similar problem i checked the gearbest website to see if i could find anything and there was a section on how to update the firmware on your explorer elite and a download for the latest firmware. If you follow the instructions there your elite should start working again thank god
                          Last edited by Virail; 01-07-2017, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Virail View Post
                            Hi, I'm experiencing problems with my elephone elecam explorer elite which i received last night where i tried to update the firmware since the wifi functionality was not working, but in the process i did not follow the instructions properly and now the action camera won't turn on, but when plugged in there is a red light i presume indicating charging but when i try to turn it on or do a long power on nothing happens, this has made me really worried as i dont know what is the problem or how to fix it, any help would be appreciated. No lights flash when attempting to turn on, and when connected to a pc nothing happens apart from the red light coming on.

// FIXED //

For those that experience a similar problem i checked the gearbest website to see if i could find anything and there was a section on how to update the firmware on your explorer elite and a download for the latest firmware. If you follow the instructions there your elite should start working again thank god

Hi Virail

Great news.
                            Do you have a link? Just spent a week with GearBest trying to fix Elite cam and they said they couldn't and gave me a partial store credit?

EDIT - Just found it! Version: 20161118V1.0 and instructions here http://www.gearbest.com/action-cameras/pp_411149.html.

GearBest said only F/W they had was 20161223V1.0 !!! Anyway will try this and keep the store credit! Jeez

*** Unpacked RAR file and it is 20161223V1.0 AGAIN. They were telling the truth but why say it is 20161118V1.0?

*** GearBest are using this LINK - http://download.appinthestore.com.s3...161223V1.0.rar

EDIT the upgrade is for a new version of Elite (20161118v1.0) and from reports not compatible with original July release of Elite.
                            Last edited by AussieKev; 01-21-2017, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X