Elecam Explorer Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elecam Explorer Pro

Hello i have just purchased an Elecam Explorer Pro. Its nice to see that someone is at least trying to reverse engineer the novatek chip so maybe someday we will be able to store scripts on the card to set the cam to our own needs. For the time being i'd like to ask about questions about my action cam.

1) How long do i have to hold the on/off button to flash the new firmware?
    2) Does the new firmware work or should i stay with the one it came with?
    3) How long does the battery last in time laps mode?
    4) Does the camera use video and extract every N seconds a frame depending on the time-lapse setting or does the camera shutter work only every N seconds ?
    5) does the firmware from the sj8000 fit on this cam or will it brick it?

Thank you

Hi!
    1. You don't need to hold it after pressing.
    2. What version do you have now?
    3. ~90 min maybe more with the screen off. But you can use external power source like a powerbank.
    4. There are two timelapse modes: photo mode when the camera takes photos and video mode when the camera renders those pics into footage.
    5. SJ8000/9000 based on NT96660 are almost identical it Explorer Pro (it lacks the front leds). Full clones are Discovery Adventures DS300 (F68) and SOOCOO C30 cams.
    Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site.

Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

Comment

Hello and thank you for your reply
      2. My version of firmware is 20160530 V2.0 so you t hink i should update or not?
      4. Do you mean in photo mode the cam just takes photos at a certain time interval and does not render the video? it does not matter though. My goal is to make the battery last as much as possible.
      4.5. do you think timelapse in photo mode will exceed 90mins of battery time?
      5. so which firmware of other cams are compatible with this cam? the DS300 (F68) and SOOCOO C30?
      thank you

Comment

The latest firmware available at the moment for your V2.0 cam is 20160802 for SOCOO C30. But I would not recommend to use it unless you have your original FW backup.

Comment

Originally posted by nutsey View Post
          The latest firmware available at the moment for your V2.0 cam is 20160802 for SOCOO C30. But I would not recommend to use it unless you have your original FW backup.
          Do you think the one on elecams site https://mega.nz/#!qhhyWQgA!LvgfzIc1w...m2Ml1b_bLSK-z0 is newer than 20160530 V2.0?

some say its 20160803RV2 but again they say the video does not work...

Comment

Don't read stupid official forums

They posted 20160530 V1.0 and there is no FW released for Explorer Pro V2.0 camera... FW for V2.0 should have 'FWHT108M.bin' filename, not 'FW96660A.bin'. And don't ever try to rename and flash - you'll brick your cam.

Comment

Don't read stupid official forums

They posted 20160530 V1.0 and there is no FW released for Explorer Pro V2.0 camera... FW for V2.0 should have 'FWHT108M.bin' filename, not 'FW96660A.bin'. And don't ever try to rename and flash - you'll brick your cam.
              So my cams is version 2.0 and there is no official FW update for it yet?

Comment

Exactly...

Comment

Moreover, Elephone is going to release Explorer Pro 2 which is not v2.0, but updated version with wireless remote controller support.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• petesimon
                    petesimon commented
                    Editing a comment
                    it's a Soocoo C30R ? ... or different flash mem or different sensor?

• nutsey
                    nutsey commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, I'm pretty sure it is. And I guess they just left it 'Pro' without '2'

Exactly...
                  ​​​​​​Does version 2.0 have different hardware compared to version 1.0 or is it just the name of the firmware ?

Comment

V2.0 has 2x more flash memory (different IC chip).

Comment

V2.0 has 2x more flash memory (different IC chip).
                      Does this mean it does not have a novatek processor?
                      Last edited by Agiofws; 09-16-2016, 08:58 AM.

Comment

No. It has different flash memory chip.

Comment

Originally posted by Agiofws View Post

Do you think the one on elecams site https://mega.nz/#!qhhyWQgA!LvgfzIc1w...m2Ml1b_bLSK-z0 is newer than 20160530 V2.0?

some say its 20160803RV2 but again they say the video does not work...
                          The MEGA download link you list is FW96660A.bin 20160530 V1.0 and definitely NOT FWHT108M.bin 20160803RV2.0 (wrist remote version) and definitely not compatible as said

Comment

Moreover, Elephone is going to release Explorer Pro 2 which is not v2.0, but updated version with wireless remote controller support.
                            Cannot believe GearBest are still suggesting upgrade firmware "click here" which is (20160518V1.0) link is https://s3.amazonaws.com/download.ap...5/FW96660A.bin but are SELLING Wrist Remote cam version RV2.0. Hate to think of the number of people bricking their new cams trying to upgrade with wrong filename and version.

Comment

Working...
                            X