Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

GoPrawn.com needs your patronage! Please feel free to become a patron here. You can also make a one-time payment.
See more
See less

Novatek's 4K30 SoC - NT96683.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Novatek's 4K30 SoC - NT96683.

Seems like we're going to see very interesting action cam SoCs producers competition in 2018.

One of those is Novatek with its long-awaited NT96683 chipset capable recording 4K30 with H.265 encoding support.
    Do you find this site useful and interesting? Please support it by donating here.

Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

I really like the NT (NTK) 96660 chipset paired with a Sony IMX078 (and better) sensor in budget cameras such as any of these: Soocoo C30 / Explorer Elite / Extral SJ8000 / (etc).

1080p / 60fps raw footage looks quite satisfactory for a $50 to $60 price. Link here - https://yadi.sk/d/PrcaYrUc3RSZHo

So now I am hoping to soon see a good selection of budget "SJ8" style cameras that have the new NT96683 chipset paired with any nice Sony IMX--- sensor.

Are any Blackview DV series that have NT96683/IMX--- for regular (not bulk) sale yet ? http://www.szdome.com/product-default-cid-94-1.html ?

Comment

• AussieKev
      AussieKev commented
      Editing a comment
      petesimon Not seen any other NT96683 Action Cams pop up yet

• nutsey
      nutsey commented
      Editing a comment
      NT96683+OV12895 EZVIZ S6 action camera: https://www.ezvizlife.com/id/id/product/s6/861

• AussieKev
      AussieKev commented
      Editing a comment
      nutsey EZVIZ Australia don't sell the S6 (or any action cams) sadly. Very strange.
      Their S5+ has Ambarella A12 and the higher end ChipSip SoC 8Gb LPDDR3 + 2Gb Nand Flash but new S6 only 2Gb LPDDR3、1Gb Nand Flash which is odd? Wonder why the downgraded internal storage for their "Flagship"?
      These companies never cease to amaze me with their decisions.

Seems like that SJCAM is in the first flight here.
    Do you find this site useful and interesting? Please support it by donating here.

Comment

SJ8 types and specs

Comment

NT96683 SPI flash structure (MTD partitions):

uitron
        uitron ro
        uboot
        uboot ro
        uenv
        linux
        linux ro
        ramfs
        rootfs
        fat
        dsp
        dsp ro
        pstore
        pstore ro

Comment

DV560 action camera by SZ DOME
          Click image for larger version  Name:	dv560.jpg Views:	1 Size:	19.1 KB ID:	11061
          Specs:
          • SoC: Novatek NT96683
          • CMOS Sensor: TBD (it should be 8M Sony IMX317 or 12M IMX277)
          • LCD: 2" touchscreen
          • Video modes: up to 4k30/1080p120
          • Video encoding: H.264/AVC and H.265/HEVC
          • USB: TypeC with mic-in function
          • Battery: 1350mAh
          DV560 has a selfie mirror and a strap hole. Seems like these features were inspired by Firefly 8-series design.
          Last edited by nutsey; 07-11-2018, 12:23 PM.

Comment

• petesimon
            petesimon commented
            Editing a comment
            is this or something else like this for sale yet?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ezviz_s6.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	11891
          EZVIZ S6 action camera with 1/2.3" 12MP OV12895 CMOS sensor inside. Expected to be available in October.

Comment

A tip for updating NT96683 cams firmware: put the file named NVTDELFW to the root of your memory card when updating the firmware - FW96683A.bin will be deleted after update is done and you don't need to reformat your card or remove the file manually anymore.

Comment

Working...
          X