Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unpacked rootfs (Linux) partition:
    https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?c...UkA5VFQkQJvyMk
    Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site. Other options for gratefulness are also available on request.

Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

Comment

Good and bad news regarding my progress: I was able to analyze quite a large portion of the loader (It's not that important for the overall project but I want to understand how it works) but I made a big mistake:

Being used to the linux shell I typed in a command ("nand") and used the tab key for auto-completion (which is not supported by the debug shell) and immediately pressed enter afterwards.
      This resulted in sending "nand" to the shell withous any arguments which executed a nand erase.

So I've basically erased all used nand partitions by accident.

Beeing not a hardware guy I don't have tools for fixing this issue at the moment. Seems like I have to write my nand dump (at least I have one which is probably good) onto the chip again. But no idea how to do this, yet.

What I've learned till now: There seems to be a bootrom which initializes uart and copies the loader from nand to ram and executes it.
      The loader consists of two stages: A "pre"-loader (it's located in the first x bytes of the loader before the BCL1 signature) which unpacks the packed loader portion
      And the second stage: The loader which checks for firmware updates and loads the firmware to RAM and jumps to its entrypoint afterwards.

Unfortunately the bootrom is not accessible and can't be analyzed so I have no idea if it might be able to reflash the loader. At least nothing happens after putting the loader binary onto the sd card. It doesnt get flashed.

This is the log output of my fatal nand erase: https://pastebin.com/nXny5up1
      I tried to get as much info out as possible after erasing the nand while it was still operating but as soon as it tried to access PStore it shut down since the nand was empty.
      Last edited by [email protected]; 08-25-2019, 01:50 AM.

Comment

• nutsey
        nutsey commented
        Editing a comment
        Can I do anything to help recovering your cam?

• Tobi@s
        [email protected] commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't know, yet. First thing I'll try to achieve is to desolder the chip. Unfortunately it's really close to the Novatek SoC which I don't want to damage.
        I've found some guides to flash the nand using a FTDI chip, but first I need some kind of test clip.

Do you know which size the chip has? There seem to be many different naming schemes and formats like WSON-8, SOIC-8, SOP-8, VSON8, ....

• nutsey
        nutsey commented
        Editing a comment
        Here is the datasheet for the flash memory chip - https://www.winbond.com/resource-fil...g%20032116.pdf

• Tobi@s
        Editing a comment
        I tried to desolder the nand but was not very successful, so I decided to apply some solder again and not desolder it.
        But it seems like I've damaged something, while I got this string via uart before my solder work after resetting the device: "NDK7S1K9HGK8" I now get "NDNDS1K2HGK8"

Due to the different output I think the NAND is not properly connected anymore. Just in case I'm not able to fix this I've ordered the split cam once again, but that will take 2 weeks for delivery

• Tobi@s
        Editing a comment
        I was finally able to desolder the memory chip with a rework station.

Unfortunately the FT232h spiflash programmer software uses a slightly different command set as the memory supports, so I have to patch that myself.

Tweaking an NT96683+IMX307 cam:

Normal:

Log:

WDR-Log:

Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site. Other options for gratefulness are also available on request.

Comment

i can not unpack fw96675... T..T [ error algorithm ]

i ask email nutsey send firmware

Comment

• nutsey
        nutsey commented
        Editing a comment
        Check any of my posts (not comments) to get my email.

• nunos
        nunos commented
        Editing a comment
        i can not Uncompress firmware,i use bfc4ntk fix algor o9 to 0b

FW file : https://gofile.io/?c=Z7Xu09

• nutsey
        nutsey commented
        Editing a comment
        Here is your unpacked firmware:
        https://gofile.io/?c=Vb3nvu

• nunos
        nunos commented
        Editing a comment
        thank you very much nutsey
        You have the tools unpack and pack FW ?

I am a newbie, studying
        Or can you give directions?

• nunos
        nunos commented
        Editing a comment
        i check FW file use LZO algorithm. now studying decode LZO

Hawkeye Firefly 9 (NT96683+IMX117)
      Click image for larger version

Name:	firefly9.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	15993

Comment

Hello! I´m new here and have a question about modifing Firmware. Can you make tutorials at Youtube? I have a Firefly split 4k und want to change the presets for white balance to own white balance underwater. like 12m for a measured picture underwater at 12meters depth, and 15m for a measured picture underwater at 15meters depth. i don´t know if this is possible, is it? And ad e flat color profile. Kind regards, Schimi

Comment

Working...
        X