Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Explorer Elite 4k new 29/08/2017 board with no GYRO IC??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explorer Elite 4k new 29/08/2017 board with no GYRO IC??

I recently bought an Elecam Explorer Elite 4k from Gearbest.

Soon as the camera arrived I noticed that the Gyro did not work. I decided to test the quality of the camera image, and I had more doubts, because with HDR deactivated there was a lot of noise, and in dark scenes there was an interference like horizontal lines, quite different from the reviews I had seen on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_RQRCNAV04
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPTR2K6hZZs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp41pBBsoAM

I started to search google on a possible firmware update, but my camera came with the firmware 20170901 V2.0 that in my searches I did not find any mention

Afraid to make an update and end with a brick, and I am no longer have the guarantee (brazillian post are most expensive than camera) I decided to open to see the numbering of the board, and to my surprise see what I found

BOARD
    N3S-M-V1.7

NT99960BG-H - CPU IC
    PE937-15e - RAM 128mb DDR3 IC
    RT8189 - Wifi IC
    25L3206 - FLASH IC

and where is the Gyro IC? I think it's suposed to be on side of the FLASH MEMORY IC, where is a empty space for an IC on board

after all, I also doubt that the sensor is the Sony IMX078, it is certainly a bad Chinese variant

Definitely deplorable what Elephone did with this camera. Now i have a $60,00 piece of crap.

Be carefull buying this camera
    Last edited by undrtkr; 01-26-2018, 07:02 PM.

Is there the 'Gyro RSC' menu option in settings? Could you also take a photo of the sensor?
    Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site.

Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by nutsey View Post
      Is there the 'Gyro RSC' menu option in settings? Could you also take a photo of the sensor?
      Yes there is, but turning "Gyro RSC" ON or OFF doesn't make any change on recorded films

The sensor board are glued on lens

made another video with all default configs except 1080p60 + Gyro RSC on

https://youtu.be/bp41pBBsoAM

EDIT: attached more pictures, and video
      Last edited by undrtkr; 01-26-2018, 07:00 PM. Reason: EDIT: attached more pictures, and video

Comment

• nutsey
        nutsey commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, the video looks pretty bad. I'm not sure which NT96660-compatible sensor is capable to perform such strange "noise waves" like that.

• nutsey
        nutsey commented
        Editing a comment
        I can also notice that the audio quality is quite decent.

• petesimon
        petesimon commented
        Editing a comment
        Now i have a $60,00 piece of crap.
        I opt for a $ 49.99 piece of crap that has acceptable video . It's my YAGOO7 camera - link here

• DrekiTech
        DrekiTech commented
        Editing a comment
        Might be the camera is defective. I've not seen a novatek with noise like that, looks like something is loose.

I made new tests on the camera, and observing its behavior concludes that the interference in the image is directly connected the current consumption by the camera as when i activated wifi the interference increases considerably, and also I realize in the recordings that the interference decreases as soon as the camera turns off the display. ..

I did a new test then recording with display on, activated wifi, charger plugged in and the intereferencia increased to the extreme

already recording with the battery 100% charged, wifi and display off, the interference almost disappears

does anyone have any idea how to minimize this interference, maybe some shielding in the image sensor or board?

As for the Gyro RSC function, does the camera really have no hardware for that?

Comment

Another NT96660 based cam with no accelerometer soldered:

Sold under "Hieha" brand on Aliexpress. Thanks khromv from 4pda.

Update: The 'Gyro RSC' function can work without the accelerometer chip on such cams.
        Last edited by nutsey; 01-31-2018, 09:40 AM.
        Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site.

Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

Comment

Working...
        X