Organization of this website / Centralized information / wiki pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organization of this website / Centralized information / wiki pages

If you don't mind me sharing my opinion. My experience with this forum-site has been a bit difficult. Obviously helpful and knowledgeable people. Valuable information seems to be here, but it's quite a pain to reach it.

For someone not familiar with the topic, finding info seems unnecessary difficult.
    It requires sifting through a lot of posts. This can be quite exhausting when you're not even sure what you're looking for in the first place (which happens a lot).

It gets even worse when one has to watch youtube videos to follow a backup-procedure. This doesn't seem to be the most efficient way to convey technical information. Is there something I'm missing?

Surely, this must lead to a big waste of time and energy for everybody here (The experts seem to have to repeat themselves a lot to help useless people like me).

It's a shame, given how good willing and knowledgeable people are here, and also given that you're THE world experts on hacking these things.

Is there any reason the information (backup procedures, uploading firmware backup to google-drive, flashing procedure, camera descriptions, possible hacks, scripts for windows or for linux) is not centralized in a set of wiki pages? Is there a way we could help?

This is just my 2 cents.
    If you think it's just me and that this is the best way to do it, you can discard my comment.

Best of luck.

I do really respect your attention and opinion. Thank you for it!

To be honest this is my first own internet site ever and I don't have much experience managing anything like that. So, at the beginning I've decided (due to reasonably low pricing) to use a cloud driven forum engine which turned out later to be quite limited in terms of customizing. Probably local wiki pages can be implemented here with the 'Blogs' feature, but I'm not sure exactly how to deal with it.
    Donate here if you want to support this site.

Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

Comment

Thank you for your message.

Let me qualify my statement:
      - I'm total utter-newbie in cam hacks and mods.
      - I've never managed a website/forum/community of that size and importance.
      - I use linux when most people here seems to use windows.
      - I just randomly/blindly bought a cheap/crap actioncam for which even for the most basic things give me headaches

In other words I'm probably not worth worrying about and I would have totally understand if you discarded my comment.
      If despite that you think there's any way I could help to improve the experience of newbies like me...

I'm not even sure the forum engine is the problem.
      I suspect that as THE expert, it's difficult for you to imagine how lost a newbie can feel.
      Between the different hardware, the different procedures, the avalanche of scripts for various systems or different firmware sizes, the different firmware stored in seemingly different places, I think the newbie is craving for a 'big picture' description of where is entering.

I for one don't even know what can be achieved in general in terms of hacks, improvement, control..

In any case, thank you for your website and your work.
      I hope I'll be able to make good use of it someday.

Comment

Working...
      X