New GoPro HERO7 (SPTM1) cams.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New GoPro HERO7 (SPTM1) cams.

According to this FCC report GoPro is getting ready to release 2 cams.

The 1st one is dark grey colored SPTM1(Version S) capable of shooting in 4K30, 1440p60 and 960p90 video modes. This camera has GPS feature.

The other one is light grey SPTM1(Version W), it seems to be something like a 'lite' version with video recording up to 1440p60/p30, no GPS.
    Do you find this site useful and interesting? Please support it by donating here.

Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

I guess these cams are going to replace Hero5 Black and Hero 2018 offering similar functionality with lower prices.
    Do you find this site useful and interesting? Please support it by donating here.

Comment

So, 'S' and 'W' cams turned out to be HERO7 Silver and White. The Black version of the GoPro HERO7 camera seems to be an updated HERO6 with 4k60 video and somewhat improved EIS.
      Last edited by nutsey; 09-02-2018, 08:40 AM.

Comment

GoPro HERO7 Black is based on Socionext SC2000 SoC + 1/2.3" 12M Sony IMX277 CMOS sensor (same with GoPro HERO6).
        GoPro HERO7 White and Silver use Qualcomm APQ8053 chipset capable recording 4K30 video with H.265 codec running with SELinux+Android OS. The sensor is 1/2.4" 21M Sony IMX230 with 1.12μm pixels.
        Last edited by nutsey; 10-16-2018, 07:05 AM.

Comment

• nutsey
          nutsey commented
          Editing a comment
          UPD1: White and Silver cams seem to be based on 1/3" 13MP Sony IMX458 with 1.12nm pixels, not IMX230.
          Last edited by nutsey; 12-02-2018, 04:20 PM.

camera_config.xml
        Click image for larger version

Name:	sensor.gif
Views:	336
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	12642

Comment

Working...
        X