Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best low-cost cam that can match the *still photo FOV* of a Hero 4 Black (not the quality)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best low-cost cam that can match the *still photo FOV* of a Hero 4 Black (not the quality)

Is the ActiveON DX camera my best bet? I don't need to match the image quality of the Hero 4 Black, just the FOV, although a decent photo would be nice. And can I hack these cams to do bracketed shots?

Here's my panohead rig.

• Aussiemandias
    replied
    In the meantime, here's a pano I created today. Bridge in the distance is a little blown out but I think that the HDR might give me a better chance of retrieving the detail and correcting exposures if I can do the same shots again tomorrow.
    Rideau River Sunset - Xiaomi Yi Seigi-Hexa Pano rig test.

Leave a comment:

• Aussiemandias
    commented on 's reply
    Cheers mate! I'll give it a spin tomorrow if the weather is good.

• Aussiemandias
    commented on 's reply
    There ya go. That's looking good.

• nutsey
    replied
    Aussiemandias Here is the script that saves 3 RAW files using AE bracketing technique.

HDR-EXPO3-RAW.zip

You can try reducing the sleep X values after #data saving delay if your memory card is fast enough.

Leave a comment:

• nutsey
    replied
    Testing the script. An HDR pic rendered from 3 RAWs:

Leave a comment:

• nutsey
    commented on 's reply
    That's not a real 'superview'. A simple aspect ratio trick with full-frame 4:3 image resized into 16:9 ratio. Worked for videos only as we already get 4:3 for stills.

• Aussiemandias
    commented on 's reply
    Cool. I have also seen someone post about a 'superview' setting in a script (or firmware?) as well. That might roughly correlate to what I'm getting out of the GoPro and might reduce the number of shots necessary.

• nutsey
    commented on 's reply
    Adding some strings, removing some strings, adjusting delays for saving more data. Not a big deal. I'll share the script with RAW support soon.

• Aussiemandias
    replied
    BTW, I'm using your HDR-EXPO-3 script and it's excellent - it's ideal for students who just need a simple process to capture good quality shots. But I'd like to add the capability to capture RAW. Is that an easy addition?

Leave a comment:

• Aussiemandias
    commented on 's reply
    Oh, that's just a random link I threw up there. I'm not actually sure what wood particles are in the filament that I'm using. But it smells so much better than ABS. If I'm printing the latter I usually cover up the printer and close the door.

• nutsey
    commented on 's reply
    Cool! In fact, bamboo is grass not wood

• Aussiemandias
    commented on 's reply
    It's PLA and wood particles: https://filaments.ca/products/wood-f...smart_campaign

• nutsey
    commented on 's reply
    "3D-printed (in wood)"
    What kind of filament is this?

• Aussiemandias
    replied
    I've completed my design. I decided to sell it at a slim margin.
    At Seigi Media, we’re interested in your story. We want you to get started making 360-degree, immersive podcasts and virtual tours right away! This doesn’t …

Leave a comment:

Working...
X