Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which one to buy?

Hi guys,

I am new here, but already can see the huge work you have done with all these action cams!
    I want to buy one these days, and I see great deals. i will use this cam as dash cam + action cam with children from time to time

i am hesitating between these:
    firefly 8se ($110 but no EIS @4K): seems great quality but no EIS @4K
    Soocoo S300 ($100, EIS @4K): seems to be the perfect balance between these 4 cams.
    SJ8 pro ($165, 4K @60fps, EIS @4K 30fps): great specs, a bit more expensive but i saw here and there that 1080p quality sucks + 1080p @120fps is not real 120fps but only doubled 60fps!!
    YI 4k+ ($220, quite expensive): seems to be the best quality of the 4 cams but quite expensive (twice the firefly 8se!! i don't know if it worth it...)

LMK what you think.

thx for your help

Hi,

The Firefly 8SE is the only cam in your list that has a version with a 90-degree lens. Maybe you should consider this fact.
    Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site.

Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

Comment

Hi,
      basically i don't care about the 90 degree...i would even say the opposite: i am looking for a wide angle (for the dash cam use mainly). why it's important to consider this in your opinion?

what is important for me is the ratio image quality/price.

Comment

Originally posted by zebulon View Post
        for the dash cam use mainly
        This is a very important remark. You have to take into account overheating problems and some other special features like auto record start/stop, a CPL filter mount possibility and so on...

why it's important to consider this in your opinion?
        Because it is the only way to get high quality non-fisheye video without geometric distortion. Now I understand your needs and can say that a 90-degree lens cam is not your choice.

what is important for me is the ratio image quality/price.
        Okay. The S300 looks to be a winner here as the rest of the gang use Ambarella chips which produce too much heat for dascam use on regular basis.
        Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site.

Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

Comment

Are you aware of a custom firmware for the soocoo? I have seen some bad feedback about the image quality of the 1080p mode.

Comment

• nutsey
            nutsey commented
            Editing a comment
            Seems like all three 1080p modes (30/60/120 fps) use 2x2 pixel binning sensor output.

I never use Soocoo, i heard Yi company will closed shop

Comment

You mean stop producing cams?

Comment

Working...
            X