Cam for time lapse exclusively?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam for time lapse exclusively?

Hello, I need a waterproof cased camera only for time lapse exclusively. What is the best available option for this? Did anyone do this before? Long time time-lapse possibly with USB power or external battety/power bank?
    If there is a firmware for this, I do not mind if that even don't do anything else.
    I need a camera + fw recommendation.
    Thank you!

I think only GoPro cams has an option for external power source in waterproof state.
    Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site.

Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

Comment

Hi,
      Underwater case with watertight USB sold separately for many cameras on amazon and aliexpress. That is highly possible I will find a case for USB power.

Comment

• nutsey
        nutsey commented
        Editing a comment
        What do you expect from fw customizations for timelapse use?

• petesimon
        petesimon commented
        Editing a comment
        could try this. but the USB cable would need to be very good quality and truly waterproof. don't know about a scheduler unless you're prepared to pay for professional Canon or Nikon photography equipment.

Basically I would like to have a scheduler like time-of-capture: 5am-8am every day
      Auto start and power off

Also I don't mind if ithe camera is not good at taking videos, if it takes good photos.
      Last edited by Macilaci457; 5 days ago.

Comment

• nutsey
        nutsey commented
        Editing a comment
        Most likely it will require a custom built hardware device with own RTC that will power the camera on. For timelapse shooting device you might want to use an Ambarella A12 based cam like Firefly 8S/SE as it starts when power source is connected and can run AmbaShell scripts.

Thank You for the suggestions. That Firefly 8SE is quite out of budget for only the camera, but it is nice that it is available with two focal lengts 170 or 90 degree.
      Anyone knows which cheaper cam takes better photos / less distortion / better colors?

Comment

• nutsey
        nutsey commented
        Editing a comment
        What's your price limits?

I have a budget about USD 90 for the whole project.

Comment

Working...
      X