Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend me a Camera

Hi all,

I have one of the very first SJ4000 Cameras that has finally failed and I need a replacement, quickly. I use it only when I'm fishing by placing it on my head and using it in dashcam mode connected to an external power pack. This makes it easy to stop and start recordings without having to fiddle with remotes or phones etc.

Don't need 4K, so 1080p will be fine and I don't require WiFi.

Do I just get another SJ4000 or are there better options for the same money?

TIA

The modernized SJ4000 or a 2nd-hand SJ5000X would be fine. Or search for these: Soocoo C30, Soocoo C50, Soocoo S100, and other "Soocoo" cameras in Aliexpress and in other online shopping sites. Also "Extral SJ8000" or a clone of it which uses the same NT96000 / IMX078 hardware. My clone was called a "Yagoo 7". Most or maybe all of these cams can do "car mode" or "dashcam mode" -- meaning it auto powers on and auto records when a USB power supply is connected (and missing a battery). All of these cameras are detailed in various threads of Goprawn forums. 🤓

Comment

I guess petesimon does not share my opinion here (and I respect his point of view), but I'd say the Eken H9 will be a nice choice for you.
      Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site.

Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

Comment

Thank you both for your suggestions, I will check them out.

I've noticed nice reviews on the Apeman TRAWO and ASAKO V50X and although more expensive and a few more features I would not use immediately I was wondering on your thoughts on these two cameras.?

TIA

Comment

• nutsey
          nutsey commented
          Editing a comment
          As far as I know these two cams share the same hardware solution - Hi3559+IMX458. It performs fine only in very bright sunny lighting conditions.

• petesimon
          petesimon commented
          Editing a comment
          I recommend the ASAKO V50X. I have a very similar camera called the Dragon Touch Vista 5. It's like a "little brother" of the ASAKO V50X. Anyway, be sure to watch honest reviews on youtube by these channels: Tech4All, Redskull, Drekitech, and "Worth it or not". You can search for the names of these channels either in google or in youtube. Also see this post and related posts in goprawn forums - https://www.goprawn.com/forum/hisili...6381#post16381
          Cheers mate.

I have purchased a V50X, just waiting on delivery now.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Comment

Originally posted by gregeeh View Post
          I have purchased a V50X, just waiting on delivery now.

Thanks everyone for your input.
          Don't forget to return and report on your opinion of the cam 🤪

Comment

Working...
          X