Supplemental cams for race car recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supplemental cams for race car recommendation

I am working on a race car which already has an AIM system for data and video with data overlays. It is a single cam and I am looking for some supplemental cams for coaching purposes.

For instance, I'd like a pedal cam, driver view cam and rear bumper cam.

1080p is fine; so is 30Hz.

It should be able to start recording on external power and stop recording and write/close files on external power loss.

It should have a clock that can be set accurately and the ability to burn in the date/time on the recording video.

It should be able to record for an hour at a time. if it splits files, there should be no overlap or underlap so the files can be easily combined.

It should be able to withstand the heat of a race car cockpit and direct sunlight.

It should be able to use the clock to write the starting file timecode (rather than 00:00:00 like most cams)

The Mobius cameras may work, although they don't seem to properly split files for easy reassembly. The original Mobius has overlap and the Mobius mini has underlap.

A bonus would be 12v, rather than USB power

Easy access for downloading video or removing memory cards.

Thanks in advance for the thoughts!

Firefly Split 4k (not Mini) with a custom (3d printed?) case seems to be pretty close to your requests.
    Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site.

Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

Comment

Working...
    X