4K Action Camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4K Action Camera

Hello, i'm cupi, im new to this site, Im buying this camera because it lookalike the Allwinner based chipset, apparently, its not, the video properties said it generplus, and the jpeg properties say it maginon ccb3. is there any updated firmware for this kind camera. i shoot in 4K mode, but the resolution only 1920x1080. thank for the help.....

Hi cupi, welcome to GoPrawn.com.

You can try to find some useful tools here.

BTW, Maginon CBB3 is a dashcam, user's manual for it in pdf.
    Last edited by nutsey; 01-21-2017, 02:32 PM.
    Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site.

Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

Comment

hai nutsey , thanks for the respon, but i dont find any useful information for my camera. thanks again....

Comment

• petesimon
        petesimon commented
        Editing a comment
        cupi - does this camera make AVI files?

4K 30FPS 3264x1836 = 1920 x 1080 - 30FPS MJPEG
      2k 30FPS 2688x1520 = 1440 x 1080 - 30FPS MJPEG
      1080 60FPS = 1280 x 720 - 30FPS MJPEG
      720 120FPS = 848 x 480 - 30FPS MJPEG
      VGA ( NO VGA in the description ) 640 x 480 - 30FPS MJPEG ( Wonder if this is native )

I think that's the same cam I got scammed over .. ( Menu looks the same )

Comment

• petesimon
        petesimon commented
        Editing a comment
        old4570 - what are the bit-rates ?

Anyone have the Wifi software for this cam .. ( Android )
      I cant get any QR reader to work on my 4.4.2

Comment

Originally posted by cupi View Post
        Hello, i'm cupi, im new to this site, Im buying this camera because it lookalike the Allwinner based chipset, apparently, its not, the video properties said it generplus, and the jpeg properties say it maginon ccb3. is there any updated firmware for this kind camera. i shoot in 4K mode, but the resolution only 1920x1080. thank for the help.....
        Hi Cupi, now we are almost have the same information for them, The camera i bought online arrived and was hoping it is an ALLwinner chipset inside, but the facts of the video file was indeed Generplus. I wanted to open mine to see what was inside, but as long as i have not seen any firmware for this camera, i'll postpone the teardown of the camera.

it was bought here

https://www.lazada.com.ph/ultra-4k-w...-23312053.html

I'll post the picture later thanks

Comment

Generalplus Android APP
          Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site.

Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by nutsey View Post
            Generalplus Android APP
            I went to their website and download all application software from them...seems like one of them have that USB driver that after all installation of the software, the ACtion cam suddenly got connected as

GENERALPLUS - MSDC

I am still looking on how to back up the firmware of this type. thank you

Comment

Can i start a new thread about this camera..it was advertise as 4k, but the maximum resolution it can record was

[email protected] even at the highest settings on the menu, the file stands at that resolution..

Comment

Originally posted by CamNoob View Post

Hi Cupi, now we are almost have the same information for them, The camera i bought online arrived and was hoping it is an ALLwinner chipset inside, but the facts of the video file was indeed Generplus. I wanted to open mine to see what was inside, but as long as i have not seen any firmware for this camera, i'll postpone the teardown of the camera.

it was bought here

https://www.lazada.com.ph/ultra-4k-w...-23312053.html

I'll post the picture later thanks
                (as an admin at Eken usergroup FB) I've seen lots of posts of fake H9 models from Lazada... (H9se with fake firmware version screens)

but I don't have details of exact sellers

a similar situation at Gearbest, for H9 (r), there are 3 price points

$ fake H9 no 120fps H9se with H9 firmware screen
                $$ fake H9 fake 120fps H9se with H9 firmware screen
                $$$ real H9

same applies for H9r
                Last edited by Grunta; 06-18-2017, 07:15 AM. Reason: additional info

Comment

• CamNoob
                  CamNoob commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well I am not surprised with that...remove the front panel then replace it with other compatible panel...VOILA..Fake as it is..I know that,

• petesimon
                  petesimon commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Gearbest is same, or very similar about selling renamed and "fake" cameras

no need for panel replacement, same generic case

Comment

Hy guys i have action camera, i need firmware software,because wrong software , but 4k/30fps,2k/30fps,1080 30fps,720p/30fps, unfortunately ((

4k/30fps, = 1920x1080
                  2k/30fps = 1440x1080
                  1080p = 1280x1080

dont 60fps (( While it was written at the time of purchase

help me guys )

Comment

Hi, I think i've the same... I bought it for 13 € and... well it worth it only for the accessories and the battery (compatible with SJCAM ones).... I will never use it...
                    I've started a review here : https://marsu66.wordpress.com/2017/1...hd1080-a-13-e/
                    That i've stopped in front of the poor quality...
                    I wanted to offer it to my 8 years old son... but i'm ashamed of giving him that cam ! If he has a real usage, I think he will have an Eken or my Melife....
                    Last edited by marsu66; 11-26-2017, 09:12 PM.

Comment

I bought 3 of these myself from geek.wish for $30 each. I'm doing a teardown to see what other information I can find about them but this General Pro branded in an unbranded box marketed as F60Rs is definately a scam.

The 4K records as 1080p 30fps. The ad claims 1080p 60 on the cam it shows 1440 × 1080/60 but records at 1440/30. 720/120 records as 720p/30. Those numbers are what VLC shows in the video info panel. The GoPlus Android app recommended for the cam shows the settings being even lower than those. There is a menu.xml file in the GoPlus app folder that looks like it could be edited to adjust what shows in the app.

The app is not able to play back recorded videos as it lacks an encoder for the format, which looks to be mpeg2 wrapped in a .avi file. VLC for Android will play them.

I'll be back after the teardown is complete.

Comment

Hi guys. I also have this type of camera .. May I know if you guys also experience choppy video recordings? I played with the settings from highest to lowest and still give me the same result. I wonder if firmware can fix this. I also tried to convert the vid and resize them but still shows choppy and laggy.

Comment

Working...
                        X