General Plus Chipset XDV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Plus Chipset XDV

I do not know in particular where to put this camera i bought for P1190 Philippine peso or $24 when converted in a local online site here in my country which is Philippines. At first i was hesitant to buy this camera since with the price, I know it is a risk getting the cheapest chipset of all action cam CPU lineup, with all the look a like of their panel, up until we tear down the camera to know what was inside, the price alone was already questionable that i was hoping i can get the allwinner v3 chipset, and failed, haha sorry for me, it did not happened and i got was.

An action camera with General plus chipset.

The maximum resolution according to the file properties of the recorded video [email protected], no more than that even when the software settings was 4K?..or the 2K? range, lol

Here it is.

Continuation of the settings photo.

Comment

• petesimon
      petesimon commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks for the photos.
      can you post some unprocessed video clips from the sd card of the camera?

I'm actually trying to upload the video taken today (my time pacific +8GMT) but due to internet connection speed of ours which sucks by the way probably by tomorrow i'll be uploading both day and night clips on a 1 minute shot, if it is alright with you.

Comment

petesimon as requested, night clip and day clip. Videos are RAW unedited, as well as detailed video properties using mediainfo

NIGHT clip

https://youtu.be/Vv591CxGOmk

video properties
    Format : AVI
    Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
    File size : 972 MiB
    Duration : 5 min 7 s
    Overall bit rate : 26.5 Mb/s
    Director : Generplus
    Original source form/Distributed by : Generplus
    Recorded date : 2010-06-29
    Copyright : Generplus

Video
    ID : 0
    Format : JPEG
    Codec ID : MJPG
    Duration : 5 min 7 s
    Bit rate : 28.0 Mb/s
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 1 080 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate : 30.000 FPS
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.451
    Stream size : 1.00 GiB

Audio
    ID : 1
    Format : PCM
    Format settings, Endianness : Little
    Format settings, Sign : Signed
    Codec ID : 1
    Duration : 5 min 4 s
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 512 kb/s
    Channel(s) : 1 channel
    Sampling rate : 32.0 kHz
    Bit depth : 16 bits
    Stream size : 18.6 MiB (2%)
    Alignment : Aligned on interleaves
    Interleave, duration : 1011 ms (30.32 video frames)

DAY CLIP SHORT
    https://youtu.be/YLU5Oh-MLo0
    video properties
    Format : AVI
    Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
    File size : 98.8 MiB
    Duration : 34 s 33 ms
    Overall bit rate : 24.3 Mb/s
    Director : Generplus
    Original source form/Distributed by : Generplus
    Recorded date : 2010-06-29
    Copyright : Generplus

Video
    ID : 0
    Format : JPEG
    Codec ID : MJPG
    Duration : 34 s 33 ms
    Bit rate : 40.3 Mb/s
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 1 080 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate : 30.000 FPS
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.648
    Stream size : 164 MiB

Audio
    ID : 1
    Format : PCM
    Format settings, Endianness : Little
    Format settings, Sign : Signed
    Codec ID : 1
    Duration : 30 s 0 ms
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 512 kb/s
    Channel(s) : 1 channel
    Sampling rate : 32.0 kHz
    Bit depth : 16 bits
    Stream size : 1.83 MiB (2%)
    Alignment : Aligned on interleaves
    Interleave, duration : 1134 ms (34.03 video frames)

Recorded date was wrong, All of the files being recorded stands at 2010 which I do not know why, maybe perhaps the chipset is doing that.
    Last edited by CamNoob; 06-17-2017, 05:59 AM.

Comment

• nutsey
      nutsey commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanx. Don't get me wrong, but youtube uploads can't be called RAW due to recompression.

• CamNoob
      CamNoob commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe yes, but there is a selection of the quality on the settings which i think will be close enough to what we upload..the codec may have been replaced. Kindly give me an idea where to upload any raw video for everyone to see the original footage as the original thanks.

• nutsey
      nutsey commented
      Editing a comment
      I think the best service for this purpose is Google Drive:
      https://drive.google.com/drive/my-drive

It allows both online playback (shares youtube platform) and intact RAW download.

• petesimon
      petesimon commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks. but please share your raw / unprocessed video files to us (and not youtube).

you may upload files to google-drive as nutsey suggested,
      or to this online folder, but you will not need to make a new account.
      https://www.dropbox.com/request/NUqzrXSnEOR72QUz3kLn
      and ignore the text about "allwinner v3 firmware ...". it's okay regardless.
      Last edited by petesimon; 06-18-2017, 08:25 AM.

here are my 2 cents about a cheap "bullet" or cylinder shape waterproof camera that is sometimes called the Mini F9. but this one is not the "real" Mini F9 because the Mini F9 should sport two buttons and h.264 video encoding. yet my cam sports just one button that is solid blue for cam power on, blinks blue for recording, and blinks red for charging or error, and the video encoding is generalplus MJPEG up to 38 Mb/s in AVI file format. Video footage seems to randomly change from orange color white balance to blue color white balance (or something like 'color temperature'). So far, I can only record 1080p 30fps (actual ~23 fps), with looping increments of 3 minutes for each file. The files can get relatively large 700 to ~800 MB, and I think that's too large for 3 mins of low quality subpar video. I like the battery for it lasts about 3 to 4 hours depending on outdoor temperature and scene conditions. Class 10 sd cards 32gb formatted as FAT32 work great, but the camera flashes a red light and powers off when I try 64gb FAT32 sd cards.

There is a tiny switch to change the cam's function -- position 1 for manual cam on/off and manual start/stop recording, also for MSC disk mode when connected to computer by USB, and position 2 for "driving mode" when given external power the cam and recording auto turn on and start, also and 720p webcam by USB

I asked the seller if I can set 720p video mode, change the exposure and white balance but there's no response as of yet .... I'll try again ....

yt video sample - https://youtu.be/f7oh_gnGh4o - 2x speed up

raw sample video on cloud storage - http://pc.cd/qD5rtalK - normal speed

Overall, it's good for dashcam / moto-dv-cam usage for USD $25 (plus $2 shipping) on Aliexpress, from "Sharon Stone Store" https://www.aliexpress.com/store/2625010 . Mounts and accessories are included.

Click image for larger version  Name:	HTB12HQhs1uSBuNjSsziq6zq8pXaU.jpg Views:	1 Size:	72.0 KB ID:	11772Click image for larger version  Name:	HTB16t2_s25TBuNjSspcq6znGFXaa.jpg Views:	1 Size:	86.4 KB ID:	11773

Comment

Working...
    X