Rockchip RV1108 SoC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockchip RV1108 SoC.

Fuzhou Rockchip Electronics Co which is well-known for its mini-PC and tablet-PC CPUs several months ago announced RK1108 (it was renamed to RV1108 later) SoC.

Click image for larger version  Name:	RV1108.png Views:	1 Size:	43.2 KB ID:	5140

RV1108 tech specs and features:
    • Single-core ARM Cortex-A7 1.0GHz
    • 28nm technology
    • 1440P30 H264 video encoder
    • JPEG encoder with 90MP/s performance
    • High performance CEVA XM4 DSP up to 600MHz
    • Embedded 8M ISP with WDR
    • 16-bit DDR3/DDR3L-1600 support
    • HDMI1.4 up to 1080P60
    • RV1108G version with embedded 128MB DDR3
    • Audio up to 32bit 192kHz
    As you can see this chipset is not very advanced but it could steal some market share with proper pricing.
    Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site.

Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

another way to drive prices down on the basic cameras. It is a good thing but I'd like to see efforts to drive prices down on the higher end market. It would be nice to see something capable of 4k at 60fps in the $200 range. Would also be nice to see them solve the heat issues as the cameras get faster. Got to figure out a way to get the heat out of those little waterproof cases more efficiently.

Comment

• petesimon
      petesimon commented
      Editing a comment
      ... an exhaust pipe / heat vent tube. Especially for super hot Ambarella cameras!

Pete, I was thinking maybe a heatsink instead. It could be as simple as a hollow aluminum tube that passes thru the body of the camera that allows air to pass thru.that cool air could then lower the temps inside the case. Another simple option would be a vented back that we could change out for the original when not needing it to be waterproof. That would probably be the easiest solution and still offer some protection for the camera. Now to make that option really handy, design a vented back with a flap that closes when needed to seal out water. That would offer the best of both worlds I would think.

Comment

Rockchip RV1108 (RK1108) datasheet PDF
      Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site.

Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by nutsey View Post
      EVOMOTION Wunder 360 C1 4K VR Camera 360 Panoramic Dual-lens Video Camera

LINK
      Wunder 360 C1 4K VR Camera Wunder360° C1 • Min. Order: 100 Pieces • FOB Price: US$ 80 • supplied by Shenzhen Evomotion Co., Ltd on Global Sources

Comment

Originally posted by nutsey View Post
        Wunder 360 C1 4K VR Camera 360 Panoramic Dual-lens Video Camera

LINK

Image result for Wunder360-C1

Comment

Hi..It could be as simple as a hollow aluminum tube that passes thru the body of the camera that allows air to pass thru.that cool air could then lower the temps inside the case. Another simple option would be a vented back that we could change out for the original when not needing it to be waterproof. That would probably be the easiest solution and still offer some protection for the camera.

pcb assembly markham
          Last edited by GranMain; 07-08-2019, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X