Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review of TheEye T5e 4K Action Cam

Hi Everyone,
    Just finished the review of the TheEye T5e action camera.

Hope you like it.
    Cheers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ47epAk1jo

Just saw this review and was shocked to see the case leaked. Made me wonder if mine will leak. I tested mine and no leaks but I haven't taken mine scuba diving yet so will keep that in mind before I do and test it accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by oldrockfan View Post
      Just saw this review and was shocked to see the case leaked. Made me wonder if mine will leak. I tested mine and no leaks but I haven't taken mine scuba diving yet so will keep that in mind before I do and test it accordingly.
      I was looking at another review the other day there the gentleman was comparing a few similar cameras. His one broke. This tells me that I'm not alone, and the rate of failure may be higher than originally what I thought.

By the way, if you are going deep diving, there is one thing that you can do is wrap the camera in cling wrap then put it in the waterproof case. Even if the case leaks, its not going to gush water in, and more importantly, you can have the ports protected to a greater extent. Just a thought.

Comment

I never deep water dive but not a bad idea just in case. I will test mine in a swimming pool before I go diving with it. I will say the case does not look as sturdy as my gopro. I am still very happy with the camera itself. I use mine in 1080px120fps mostly and it works great. The new firmware upgrade is a must with the nice option between superwide, wide and normal view.

Comment

• TwoBlues
          TwoBlues commented
          Editing a comment
          I check and clean, and apply slight amount of silicone lube to my case seals before diving vacations. Cases stay wrapped and unlatched in Saran wrap all other times.I also have leak sorb pads in the cases!

Another couple months have gone by so time for another update... camera is still working great. The latest software update was a really good one. My wife and I both find the camera is perfect for carrying camping or on road trips in the car. Does a much better job than cellphones and still super easy to carry. I do wish the battery life was longer but guess we can't have it all with the little cams. The only issue I have experienced is an occasional need to double press a button to get it to work. Happens maybe once out of every 12-15 times so no big deal but worth noting in the spirit of full disclosure.

Comment

Working...
        X