Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

was Listings: HD-1080P-Wifi-Waterproof-Ultra-Sport-Action-4K-SJ9000-DVR-Cam I got the SJ4000 stinky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• was Listings: HD-1080P-Wifi-Waterproof-Ultra-Sport-Action-4K-SJ9000-DVR-Cam I got the SJ4000 stinky

Hi all,
    I just got a action cam from HongKong, cheapest on e-bay in the teens.
    they had ads for 2 different cameras, this seem to be a trend now so they can claim under $20 listing spot and sell higher price.
    I bought the cheap one, named SJ4000, but shows no signs on the body, its a generic 720 camera.

General
    Complete name : G:\RECORD\REC008.AVI
    Format : AVI
    Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
    File size : 29.0 MiB
    Duration : 41s 800ms
    Overall bit rate : 5 812 Kbps

Video
    ID : 0
    Format : JPEG
    Codec ID : MJPG
    Duration : 41s 800ms
    Bit rate : 8 361 Kbps
    Width : 1 280 pixels
    Height : 960 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 4:3
    Frame rate : 30.000 fps
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.227

this was recorded at the 1080 setting, all settings record at 1280x720 the camera even has a 4k setting, awful stuff.
    I will do futher research. and post here.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Albert; 04-11-2018, 07:13 PM. Reason: added pictures

give an online link to the camera and give seller's name here so that other people can avoid this camera

Comment

So I contacted sseariver2009 who sold this camera to me, we are in conversation now.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HD-1080P-Wi...72.m2749.l2649

Now remember I bought the cheaper of the 2 cameras advertised. Hate to guess that the people who ordered the other camera got this thing...

here is my e-mail to seller:

Here are photos of the camera I received, I already sent a photo of the packaging as requested in the previous e-mail.

This packaging was damaged, curshed.
      You advertise SJ4000, not on package or camera only V 1.2 on firmware.
      You say 140 degrees lens, it is NOT, using a guage its is less than 90.
      It is not what I ordered.
      You say it is 12 mp sensor, I say sir the programs I have say it is not saving 12mp.
      The save "18mp" settings makes picture files around 150 Kb size at only 1280x960.
      You say it is 1080P video, I say the programs I have say it is 1280 x 960 only.
      You say it is MOV video format, I say the programs I have say it is AVI MJPEG.
      You say it is H.264 formated video, I assume it should be recored in H.264 format.
      I say the programs I have say it is recording in MJPEG format.

Unsatisfied with advertisement, how to compensate?
      Sincerely,
      Albert

Comment

• petesimon
        petesimon commented
        Editing a comment
        all of this is very informative and helpful. thank you!

So any ideas as what I got?? his ad says:
      2. Pro NTK96655 chipset with 12MP CMOS sensor, help you record amazing videos. I think this could be a good 720 cam with right firmware...
      Can only upload 5 pictures, here is some menu Items.
      4k resolution on menu is scary thought, since it does not do anything different than the other settings.

Comment

• petesimon
        petesimon commented
        Editing a comment
        camera likely does _not_ have any NTK96xxx chipset because the video is so bad and is in AVI files. The vast majority of cameras that have NTK96xxx chipset will make h264 codec in either MOV file or MP4 file.

So is this all I look forward to??

New message from: sseariver2009 (804,185)
      Thanks for your mail and sorry for the trouble.
      We will report it to our related department and improve it in the near future,could you please agree that we refund USD2.00 money to you as our sincere apology?
      Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
      Best regards

Comment

Well I posted a positive review: fast ship, SJ400? 960 save JPEG format AVI working camera, seller worked with me.

its just an older 720 camera with 1280x960 JPEG format AVI, with a 128gb micro sd I can record 28 hours.

I tried it out and was impressed it worked with a 128gb chip! I liked the water proof case, it has the extra latch on it to secure it, I just did not believe that everything in their ad would be wrong about the camera. It is a camera I guess. Price was an indicator I guess, you never know.
      Last edited by Albert; 04-18-2018, 02:08 AM. Reason: explain myself.

Comment

Working...
      X