Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICatch v37 camera - TOYAWORD ?

Hi guys, my first post here .
    So, I bought this camera - Toyaword - 4k/60 fps, Sony sensor 20Mp , bla, bla , bla ...
    https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Toyaword-...8565253&sr=8-1
    After investigation with the help of the great info from this forum , I have come to the conclusion that it is is driven by iCatch v37 chipset and has a Sony IMX078 sensor (mentioned on the box) .
    Display is rubbish with bad viewing angle , menu by buttons with ugly UI , external Mic with 2.5 jack , internal Mic on front face. Firmware in app says SBC_V37-01.04.07 2420 , Product name V37 kit . In camera : Model : Toyaword K30 , Version YYI8SX79R_K816 V1.2 , Number: S86.P89.V10 , Date: 2019.12.01.
    I hope I correctly identified the hardware which is rather older in a new build combination . There is some similar Cooau camera with same look and features .
    Now, none of the hardware gives the possibility of 4K/60 fps (EIS is even selectable at this resolution) . How it is possible to achieve this "performance" ? I have seen mentioned "double frames" - how to identify this ?
    What intrigues me more is that videos look (to my unprofessional eye) not bad . In many occasions, with proper light, captured videos look better, more detailed than the ones captured with my other camera Dragon Touch Vista 5, which supposed to have better hardware (like Akaso V50x). Also bitrate in Media Info is slightly better for same resolution ,about 59 Mb/s at 4k/30 fps, achieving even 119 Mb/s at 4k/60 fps. Audio side says Stereo although Mic's jack is Mono , but audio is slightly better too.
    EIS seems to be slightly better too. Need to mention that video could only be captured in mov format , and there is no H265 option - normal for iCatch v37.
    Now , can I do any modification to this firmware , at least to change the ugly UI ? Maybe someone can guide me to how to back-up firmware too.
    Thanks

Forgot to mention - there is no option for 2.7k or 2k video .Why is this missing and could this be achieved ?
    Last edited by seaman5705; 05-04-2020, 06:13 AM.

Ok , after some digging.
    v37 looks like a relatively new released (2019) chip from iCatch , which includes a neural processing unit (AI) . Not so bad . It looks like in combination with Sony IMX078 can deliver "real" 4K/30fps .

https://www.cnx-software.com/2019/01...processor-npu/
    • 32-bit RISC CPU
    • Dual CIS Support
    • HDR Combination
    • 5-axis Electronic Image Stabilization
    • Dewarping Engine
    • Video Noise Reduction (MCTF)
    • Rolling Shutter Compensation
    • H.264 4Kp30 Video Encode
    • Neural Processing Unit
    • Security Engine
    • USB 2.0, HDMI v1.4b, GMAC
    • External WiFi/BT Support
    I have tried iCatch PC driver found here but it does not work with this chip - looks like driver is older and does not include PID_6370 .
    Does anyone have a newer driver for iCatch ?
    Thanks

Comment

Never mind . I found driver and FRM here . Works in Win10 .
      https://www.multirotorguide.com/guid...omment-page-1/

Comment

Thanks for sharing!
        Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site.

Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by nutsey View Post
          Thanks for sharing!
          For little . Can you guide me how to back-up firmware with FRM , if possible ? Thank you

Comment

• nutsey
            nutsey commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't have any iCatch devices with newer chips (mine are 6350/V35). All useful stuff should be at the "Advanced" tab there.

Looks like last iCatch v37(V39) chip is capable of 4k/60 fps

iCatch V37
          [email protected] smart AI camera chip, 4K recording power consumption as low as 1.2W, only 13 x 13MM, built-in 2GB DDR, built-in NPU AI acceleration operation engine

http://www.translatetheweb.com/?ref=...h-col-103.html

Comment

I guess I have managed to dump the firmware of this camera . I have uploaded the "download " folder on Goggle Drive , if anyone is interested .
            https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Ix?usp=sharing
            I am not familiar with FRM manipulation, so I used a complete "download" folder from internet , used for reflashing RunCam 5 , I think . Files dated today should belong to today's dump . There is one 10mb bin file in the root of the folder - I guess is the firmware for my camera .
            If anyone can confirm . Also, from the other files in the A, B subfolders , we can get some info about this new chipset/firmware .
            I have to mention that I used the drivers posted above, in Windows 10 - no need to override "driver signature enforcement" . Acces by pressing shutter button only prior to connect USB - USB 2 is used , since FRM not working with USB 3 .

Comment

• nutsey
              nutsey commented
              Editing a comment
              Could you share a couple of 4K30 and 4K60 short clips with EIS off and on?

Will do soon .

Comment

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Pu?usp=sharing

He re are the samples

Comment

Try now , I'we shared with everyone .

Comment

• nutsey
                  nutsey commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you!

Unfortunately 4k60 (on the right) seems to be upscaled from 2k or fullhd.

Thank you . Good to know . What you think about 4k/30 and EIS ?
                There is no 2k , 2.7k option .

Comment

Originally posted by seaman5705 View Post
                  What you think about 4k/30 and EIS ?
                  Rolling shutter "jello" of IMX078 makes me think this sensor is good only for static scenes.

Originally posted by seaman5705 View Post
                  There is no 2k , 2.7k option .
                  Yeah I know. From your firmware dump. I found there only 4k30/60, 1080p120/60/30 and 720p240 modes.
                  Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site.

Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

Comment

To bad . I wanted to attach this camera to a drone . Jello was not quite evident when I filmed before from a fixed position . What I did today, was on a quite bumpy terrain to show EIS . I have yet to study those samples.

Comment

Working...
                    X