Questions about EKEN H9R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about EKEN H9R

Hello, previously my F60R can only record upto 22min 30sec after that a new file will be started but it is nlack footage, it also hang sometimes and the image will be left right flipped which i have to reset it to fix temporarly, but i get it replaced under warranty but still some problem like corrupted file.And when i put the mp4 in video editor on pc it haa no footage like my old F60R does.Im regreted to spend my money on it.Recently i found out the H9R which has a similiar price take good video, even comparable to GoPro.So im planing to buy one but im afraid it is problematic like my F60R.So i wanna ask how was the H9R?

akk9793 H9R camera can be a better choice, but you must be sure about the following things:
    1. H9R which you're going to buy is not SE or 'light' version with cheaper sensor. Normal H9R should be based on 4Mp Omnivision OV4689.
    2. You don't need to shoot in 2.7K or 4K modes, as H9R uses MJPEG compression for them, resulting in bad image quality (blocking, jpeg artifacts).
    3. You don't want to have hacking possibilities which are presented for F60R camera Allwinner V3 chipset.
    Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site.

Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by nutsey View Post
      akk9793 H9R camera can be a better choice, but you must be sure about the following things:
      1. H9R which you're going to buy is not SE or 'light' version with cheaper sensor. Normal H9R should be based on 4Mp Omnivision OV4689.
      2. You don't need to shoot in 2.7K or 4K modes, as H9R uses MJPEG compression for them, resulting in bad image quality (blocking, jpeg artifacts).
      3. You don't want to have hacking possibilities which are presented for F60R camera Allwinner V3 chipset.
      Previously my dealer told me its original. Im waiting for the reply from dealer about specs.If it is legit version does the footage really comparable to gopro like theose comparison on youtube?

Comment

• nutsey
        nutsey commented
        Editing a comment
        Could you please provide an example of such comparison?

Like this

Comment

• nutsey
        nutsey commented
        Editing a comment
        You should remember that H9/H9R cams are produced in several different hardware configs (not only sensors can be different, LCDs and lenses can vary as well). So there is no 100% warranty you will get the lens from this comparison (which in my opinion has pretty high distortion and suffers from lens flare).

• akk9793
        akk9793 commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh i see.Is SJ4000 a better choice? I would like to pay more just to get a branded camera since it might be less problematic

Update: About the video/image corruption on my F60B has been fixed by using a different SD card.But still black screen on Sony Vegas Pro 11 and other video editor was just fine.

Comment

I think any other camera can't give you a 170-degree wide angle view as this camera gives which makes it perfect, whether you want to use it in bike riding recording, mountain climbing it can be flexibly used.
        We want to capture and record each and every adventure we are doing. Whether it be playing any sport, riding bikes or any water adventure, this is the root

Comment

Hi everyone,i made videos on eken h9r and transfered tjem on my smartphone but says that video is 0:00 sec long.i can watch all video on my phone but can not publish on social networks.
          how i can fix that?

Comment

• petesimon
            petesimon commented
            Editing a comment
            first, use a an USB cable or an usb otg sd card reader but not wifi to transfer files to a computer or a smartphone. video files are MOV format but many social networks probably need MP4 files to be uploaded. so you can use a mov/mp4 video converter app in your smartphone or use Avidemux on computer to read a MOV file and save a new MP4 file. Search for "video converter" in your Playstore / Appstore.
            Use "MX Player" or "VLC" app to play all video files in your smartphone, and use "MPC-BE" or "VLC" or "SMPlayer" to play all video files in Windows/Linux/Mac.

Working...
        X