Furubee F80 (SPCA1628+GC1024).

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furubee F80 (SPCA1628+GC1024).

I've just recieved this "FullHD" cam with HD (720p) image sensor.

It came with 20171206-V5.1 - BACKUP

Comment

• petesimon
      petesimon commented
      Editing a comment
      did you dump (backup) BRN firmware file from this camera? and how?
      i ordered an Amkov SPCA6350M camera that is similar to an Eken H9R from Aliexpress and I want to get a dump of its firmware.
      Last edited by petesimon; 01-18-2018, 06:09 AM.

• nutsey
      nutsey commented
      Editing a comment
      The backup procedure for SPCA1628 based cams is different from SPCA6350, but you can use this step by step guide for Eken H9: http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...#entry47019203

It's in Russian so here is my short translation:
      1. Download 'Eken+h9_Drojjeed_2015.rar' https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z4u...ew?usp=sharing
      2. Unpack and run 'SPCA6350_v1001.exe' (driver)
      3. Restart Windows and disable driver signature verification
      4. Connect your cam to USB with battery removed and 'up' button pressed - 'Icatch Null Device 6350' or 'Icatch' device should appear in device manager
      5. Run 'frm.exe' from 'download' folder
      6. Check Backup/Restore RSV in Options, and set Flashtype to SPI
      7. Switch to Advanced tab, right-click RSV and select GET - then you'll be asked for backup path

F80 vs Allwinner V3-based Furibee F60.

Comment

• Leeon
      Leeon commented
      Editing a comment
      so,V3 is very good?

• nutsey
      nutsey commented
      Editing a comment
      I wouldn't say so...

Furibee F80 dashcam (cardvr) test:

Comment

The SoC is marked as SPCA1521A and was produced in September 2017 (35th week).
      Click image for larger version

Name:	spca1521a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	8586
      The sensor assembly is marked as SJ4000 on its ribbon cable.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	f80-sensor.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	8587

Comment

Hi, I am new on this forum.

I did bought the F80 camera expecting that I can uses it as an 720p action cam. However I am experimenting lots of drop frames at 720p ( an amazing number of drop frame at 1080p ).

Do you know if there is any alternates firmware for this camera. or if it is an useless devise?

Thanks
        Andre

Comment

• sail_video
          sail_video commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Petesimon for the feedback.

I use a Class 10 card ( Sandisk Ultra ), a I was filming outdoor in plain daylight doing a smooth panning.

Regards
          Andre

• petesimon
          petesimon commented
          Editing a comment
          try a smaller size card (8gb, or 16gb), and try a different brand or different speed card, and format the card inside the camera, but if that isn't good, then format the card as FAT32 with 64 kb allocation unit inside a computer http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/guiformat.htm

• sail_video
          sail_video commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks again for the hint.

I did reformat my SD card ( which was 32kB alloc ) to 64 kB alloc, the problem was worst. This give me the idea to reformat with smaller allocation block.
          When formatted with 4kB block, the 720p footage look a lot better, in a very short test movie.

I will make more tests over the next weekend.

Thanks-you very much for your assistance.
          Andre

Does anyone know if this camera's micro usb can be connected to a video transmitter?

Comment

• nutsey
          nutsey commented
          Editing a comment
          Seems like the microusb socket pin #4 is not hardwired to act as composite AV-out. Moreover there is no settings option to switch between PAL/NTSC...

• petesimon
          petesimon commented
          Editing a comment
          if HDMI port is there, then yes but a HDMI to analog video converter device would be needed

What would be a good camera to get that I could do this with?

Comment

The camera does have video out to a PC though. When I hook it up to my PC it will send video to it. How is that possible?

Comment

• nutsey
          nutsey commented
          Editing a comment
          When you connect it to a PC it turns into UVC/webcam mode and starts streaming in digital encoded format.

Hey, I just got a camera branded under "iBuy", but it has an SPCA1521A chip an also has the sj4000 in the lens wire... Do you think i can use the backup you posted instead of my original firmware? My camera gets a lot of frame drops at any resolution using a 16gb class 10 sony micro sd

Comment

• nutsey
          nutsey commented
          Editing a comment
          Please backup your firmware first.

Originally posted by nutsey View Post
        Please backup your firmware first.
        I wasn´t able to backup using the method you posted earlier, my camera is not listed as iCatch or similar, it just says "Generic Image Device", and frm.exe is not getting it either. Any ideas?

Comment

• nutsey
          nutsey commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh, you should use 1628 chip driver and older ISP TOOL for it (not frm.exe).

Originally posted by nutsey View Post
        Oh, you should use 1628 chip driver and older ISP TOOL for it (not frm.exe).
        I have not found neither, and ive been looking for a couple hours now... But I´ll keep my eyes open

Comment

Originally posted by rolver99 View Post

I have not found neither, and ive been looking for a couple hours now... But I´ll keep my eyes open
          1628 driver: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AFm...ew?usp=sharing
          1628 ISP TOOL: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TUh...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

• rolver99
            rolver99 commented
            Editing a comment
            Ops! Hehe, I have now started to think on a sensor upgrade... but first, how do I flash the .img file?

• rolver99
            rolver99 commented
            Editing a comment
            Also, is there a path to follow to change the sensor on my cam?

• nutsey
            nutsey commented
            Editing a comment
            I saw some guys swapped Eken H9SE GC4603 sensor with OV4689 and after proper firmware flashing it worked fine.

IMG files can be flashed with an SPI programmer device.

Thanks nutsey! You have really helped me a lot
          Today I recieved another camera, but this time I cannot tell the chip it has, nor the manufacturer, because it came in the generic SJ4000-like box, and after disassembly, theres not too much to look at, I mean, the chips are not branded and are smaller then what ive seen. I know the sensor is a VGA OV7675 CMOS, but the only thing I got with the other internals was the "1710" printing. could you help me figure out what type of cheap board am I looking at?

Comment

• nutsey
            nutsey commented
            Editing a comment
            What does the UI look like?

Just like this, thats the UI and also a picture of the version number

Comment

• nutsey
            nutsey commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh, this is something not very common among action cams. I believe it could be a Syntec chip.

http://www.stk.com.tw/product-01.html

• petesimon
            petesimon commented
            Editing a comment
            i got one of these from ebay $15 or $16 USD because I just wanted the mounts and accessories, and I gave away the camera and its crappy under-powered battery free
        Working...
        X