No announcement yet.

How to backup and update firmware for W8 Ultra HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here's the product link https://www.lazada.com.ph/black-w8-u...-16203130.html
    and I'm looking at the websites right now

Comment

I picked the n9 ss camera model did I pick right? or should I pick H9?

Comment

• nutsey
        nutsey commented
        Editing a comment
        No. H9 is based on SPCA6350, not 6330.

• Dan Escobedo
        Dan Escobedo commented
        Editing a comment
        ok I also found W9 I saw 6330 and it's the same as the N9 SS but I don't know what should I pick
        W9 LY (4k10) W9 SY (4k10) N9 SS

• petesimon
        petesimon commented
        Editing a comment
        ok I also found W9 I saw 6330 and it's the same as the N9 SS but I don't know what should I pick. W9 LY (4k10) W9 SY (4k10) N9 SS ?
        don't know

if it's H9 what do I pick?
      H9 BTA (LY) H9 BTR (LYR) H9 EKR H9 SY H9 XTR

Comment

ummmmm what's the password?

Comment

I tried flashing it with phoenix suit everything is set but phoenix suit says no device attached

Comment

• nutsey
          nutsey commented
          Editing a comment
          Ignore it. It's a bug.

• petesimon
          petesimon commented
          Editing a comment
          huh? Phoenixsuit is for Allwinner V3(s) cameras but not for SPCA63xx (W8, W9, H9) cameras. uh right?
          Last edited by petesimon; 02-22-2018, 03:15 PM.

• nutsey
          nutsey commented
          Editing a comment
          Phoenixsuit shows that error for Allwinner cams as well

i have same problem

Attached Files

Comment

• petesimon
          petesimon commented
          Editing a comment
          please answer the questions and do #4.

1. do you have a W8 camera?

2. does it look like an Eken N9 or W9 (not H9) ?

3. did you install correct drivers? ... you can try these drivers for H9 cameras, but it may or may not work https://pc.cd/ACf

4. power on the camera, and take pictures of the front and rear of the camera so we can see it. and give us an online link to where you purchased it.
          Last edited by petesimon; 06-18-2019, 01:22 PM.

isp error when checking
        Attached Files

Comment

i need help where can i download this driver ? USB\VID_04FC&PID_6330 icatchtek spca 6330 thankyou

Comment

You must
          Use USB2
          Disable windows driver signature < --- don't bother if you have not done this !!!

spca 6330 driver
          https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6C...w?usp=drivesdk

Comment

N9
            20151128 http://ftp.eken.com/N9-20151128_ZX.rar

Comment

W8 is a crappy clone, similar to W9, N9 ... etc
              whilst the same (?) Sensor or chipset, there are hardware substitutions
              i don't believe it's an Eken made model, I've never been given a W8 firmware, I might have had one ages ago from Gearbest - but not sure.
              So the firmware are NOT INTERCHANGEABLE
              EKEN are guilty of this... they mix n match parts to make a "New model" with cheaper parts or specific model for an area or bulk price for a client, different screen etc thereby require a specific "new firmware"

The original fake H9 / H9R which were really H9se / H9rse
              with the firmware version screen of H9 / H9R were MADE by Eken - I caught them out - when they supplied me a list of firmwares
              We worked out by the C4xxxxxx in the firmware version
              H9 / H9r were O4xxxx
              Eken now label the 6330 ones as H9Rse emphasis on the R small se, as apposed to previously H9rse
              Unwary
              buyers not realizing the mistake
              Also you'd assume "special edition" might be better ?
              I've refered it as "surprise edition".... SUPRISE - "you been ripped off"
              Last edited by Grunta; 05-17-2020, 02:04 AM.

Comment

• Pavan D
                Pavan D commented
                Editing a comment
                Can you make a similar video on how to update firmware for W8/N9 action camera using PC. I have my W8 action camera bricked. I have watched your youtube video and liked it... Its really a good walkthrough!!!

If you dont have W8 action camera please use any action cameras similar to W8/N9 and update it using PC. I tried to update using PC But I amgoing no where. Here are My PC specs.
                PC - Alienware R16
                OS - Windows10
                USBs - All USB 3

• petesimon
                petesimon commented
                Editing a comment
                maybe everyone could use FRM software to backup that camera. 🤔

@
              #26.2
              petesimon ​Yup that should have been the first step, however people like me(Who does it for the first time) donot know if the camera purchased is clone or original and upload the firmware what is available online after a bit of googlling.
              Honestly I started looking around when I got into shit... i.e. after my camera got bricked.

I tried to connect my camera to the PC but no luck the driver is not helping me in getting my camera detected when connected to the PC. I need to know couple of things from you experts. Please help me out here in getting this sorted.

I tried following steps to connect my action cam to the PC, these steps were found in url below.
              https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-Thread/page26
              Solution "how-to-fix" soft-broken SJ4000 clone with Sunplus CPU (in device manager detects as iCatchtek SPCA6330, iCatchtek Sport Cam, etc), EKEN W7, EKEN W8 and other clones.

1. Download this arhive and unpack in any folder:
              https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5r...xtdGlnRDg/view

Fully charge camera's battery!!

2. Run ISP_v1201.exe in "Drivers" folder

3. After installation complete, reboot windows, press F8 and choose "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement".

4. When windows boots up, remove battery and SD card from camera. Press and hold "up" key and connect camera to PC via USB cable. System will found new device and install drivers. Check in device management that drivers set properly.

5. Run "FRM.exe" in "download" folder. If it shows up "USB device not connected" - that you don't properly install drivers, or do not disabled force driver signature. If it boots up normally, choose "Flash type: SPI", all other leave as is.

6. Press ISP (F5). In bottom line will be "Check ISP core", then "writing firmware". Wait until it done and shows up "ISP done." Press ok and close program.

7. Take SD card, format it in FAT32. Copy all 3 files under "SD card" folder to the root folder of SD. Without any folders.

8. Insert prepared SD card and battery in camera, and power on. Insert charger (do not connect to PC, use AC adapter). If LCD screen fully white or image in green tones - it's normal. Wait 10 minutes, do not touch anything.

9. Remove battery. Remove SD card. Insert battery and try to power ON. If all done properly, it boots up normally.
              WHILE GOING THROUGH THE ABOVE STEPS I DID FOLLOWING THINGS
              • While installing the drivers(i.e. step 2) I got message that "Windows cant verify the Publisher of this driver software" , I clicked on "Install this driver software anyway" and the installation was successful.
              • While performing Step 4, I kept holding "UP" button and connected the camera to the PC. I got the beep sound from the PC but still the camera was not successfully detected. Under device manager it was showing "USB not recognized". When I opened the frm software I was getting "ISP Core Error".

Please let me know why was the driver didn't help in installing the device successfully after it was connected to PC.

Before upgrading the wrong firmware here were the camera version
              Firmware Name : "ActionCam W8"
              Firmware version : 1600 something was present I dont remember correctly, I didn't even take the photo of it before upgrading

So, I request every expert over here to help me in sorting this out.

My camera looks as shown below​
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Camera.PNG
Views:	277
Size:	515.9 KB
ID:	18061

Comment

#1 .... Need USB2 or disable USB3 in bios
                #2 before installing drivers, you need to disable windows driver signature.... Uninstall first now
                #3 check device manager after connecting the cam whilst press and hold (correct) button ... Don't know which for this cam (up / down key ?)

#4. The driver you are using - might not even be correct
                Does the firmware I linked above have driver ?
                Last edited by Grunta; 06-16-2020, 05:14 AM.

Comment

• Pavan D
                  Pavan D commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Grunta :
                  #1 .... Need USB2 or disable USB3 in bios
                  Sure I will disable USB3 in bios and will verify once

#2 before installing drivers, you need to disable windows driver signature.... Uninstall first now
                  Yup I disables the driver signature and tried to install.

#3 check device manager after connecting the cam whilst press and hold (correct) button ... Don't know which for this cam (up / down key ?)
                  Sure I will try this too

#4. The driver you are using - might not even be correct
                  Nope it just has two folders i.e. PC Update and Card Update

Thank you so much for responding I will try all the steps and will probably edit this comment/put up the post for the results.

Grunta

I Used firmware that you shared in one of the post above
                N9
                20151128 http://ftp.eken.com/N9-20151128_ZX.rar

and successfully flashed it.

But still I am blocked!!!

Step #5 and Step #6 are completed successfully. But Step #6 and Step #7 was not able to do as I couldn't find SD Card directory in rar downloaded from link above.
                Also LCD screen was neither fully white nor image in green tones as specified in Step#8
                5. Run "FRM.exe" in "download" folder. If it shows up "USB device not connected" - that you don't properly install drivers, or do not disabled force driver signature. If it boots up normally, choose "Flash type: SPI", all other leave as is.

6. Press ISP (F5). In bottom line will be "Check ISP core", then "writing firmware". Wait until it done and shows up "ISP done." Press ok and close program.

7. Take SD card, format it in FAT32. Copy all 3 files under "SD card" folder to the root folder of SD. Without any folders.

8. Insert prepared SD card and battery in camera, and power on. Insert charger (do not connect to PC, use AC adapter). If LCD screen fully white or image in green tones - it's normal. Wait 10 minutes, do not touch anything.
                Please do share the files that are required for Step #7 and Step #8 as I am blocked there.

FYI: I tried the files from sd card found from SJ4000 clone but it failed. Link below for info

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5r...xtdGlnRDg/view

Click image for larger version

Name:	ISP_Finished.PNG
Views:	259
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	18077
                Last edited by Pavan D; 06-16-2020, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Unfortunately often the difference between models is the LCD screen, which is matched to the firmware

Did you test record ?
                  card update same as SD card folder

Comment

Working...
                  X